Maui Black Sand Beach

Maui Black Sand Beach
Summer Vacation...Now back to work

Monday, October 17, 2011

Leadership Connectors – Chapter seven: Putting it all together


This is my 12th year of teaching.  As I look back it sure has flown by but yet 35 years of working in education seems so far away.   Reading “Leadership Connectors: Six keys to developing relationships in schools” has confirmed everything we have heard throughout this Master’s Program.  It’s all about developing relationships.  As a Physical Education teacher and coach I struggle with the thought of not having the classroom experience that some of my classmates and colleagues have.  I have to continue to remind myself that it’s more than knowing all the standards like the back of my hand.  It’s about being willing to dive in and learn what I don’t already know, it’s about developing trusting relationships with those I work with, and it’s about leading people towards that common goal or vision.   TEAMWORK…..That’s what I do every day with my athletes and students.  Now, I just need to believe in myself!

1 comment:

  1. Shannon old buddy, I'm in the same situation with you as a PE teacher. I agree, leadership is all about Relationships.

    ReplyDelete